|Birth:||March 1, 1974|
|First appearance:||Dancing to the Max|
Mark-Paul Gosselaar (born Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar on March 1, 1974 in Panorama City, California) is an actor known for his role as Zack Morris on "Good Morning, Miss Bliss," "Saved by the Bell" and "Saved by the Bell: The College Years."
Mark-Paul is the son of Paula (neé van den Brink) and Hans Gosselaar. Hans is from the Netherlands and is of German & Dutch Jewish descent. Paula is from Bali, Indonesia and is of Indonesian & Dutch descent.
He has an older brother named Mike and two older sisters named Sylvia & Linda. All of three of them were born in the Netherlands.
Mark-Paul began modeling when he was 5 years old. As a child, he appeared in commercials for Oreo cookies and Smurf merchandise.
He later appeared on television shows such as "Highway to Heaven," "The Twilight Zone," "The Wonder Years," "Charles in Charge" and "Punky Brewster."
Career After "Saved by the Bell"=
In 1996, Mark-Paul starred in the television film "She Cried No" (which also starred "Full House" star Candace Cameron). In 1998, he starred in the film "Dead Man on Campus."
From 2001 to 2005, he portrayed the role of Detective John Clark on the ABC Network drama series "NYPD Blue." In 2008, Mark-Paul starred on the short-lived TNT Network series "Raising the Bar."
He currently portrays the role of Peter Bash on the TNT Network series "Franklin & Bash."
During his time on "Saved by the Bell," Mark-Paul dated his female co-stars Tiffani Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley and Lark Voorhies at different times. He still remains friends with his Saved by the Bell castmates.
In 1996, Mark-Paul married former model Lisa Ann Russell. Together, they have two children: a son named Michael Charles (born on January 31, 2004) and a daughter named Ava Lorenn (born on May 7, 2006).
In June of 2010, Mark-Paul and Lisa Ann announced their separation. He filed for divorce in June of 2010 and it became final in May of 2011.
In August of 2011, he became engaged to advertising executive Catriona McGinn and they married on July 28, 2012. In September of 2013, they welcomed a son named Dekker Edward.
- Attended Hart High School
- Colored his hair blonde in every episode of "Saved by the Bell."
- As a child, he spoke fluent Dutch at home.
- His paternal great-grandparents, Hartog "Herman" Gosselaar and Hester van Emden, were killed in The Holocaust. They died in the Sobibor extermination camp in Nazi-occupied Poland on September 4, 1943.
- Is a sports car enthusiast, race car driver, track cyclist, dirt biker, and pilot.
- He competed in the Far West Championships for track cycling in 2005.
- Won the Category 4/5 Sprint Championship event at the Encino Velodrome.